Computational Biodiscovery in the Sicheritz-Pontén Group
The focus of the Computational Biodiscovery group is artificial intelligence in life sciences and supercomputing.
We are working on integrating ‘omics’ and imaging information into machine learning networks and building algorithms in order to decipher the underlying biology of the analysed organisms. A major focus is on animal and plant genomes, microbiomes and viromes and the development of novel strategies for microbiome and bacteriophage analysis. Our current research themes are listed below.
Omics of the Rainforests
where we tap into the scientific, biotechnological and medicinal potential of the biodiversity of the Amazon and Malaysian rainforests. Watch a video about the Omics project in the Rainforests.
- Brazil: ARGO - the Amazon Rainforest Genome Ontology project
- Malaysia: Mapping the genetics of the rare and important plants in the Belum-Temengor Rainforest
- Venomics: Animal venom discovery by sequencing and artificial neural networks
where we develop next-gen discovery tools for phage genomics.
- PhageBoost: Predicting prophage novel regions using biological feature engineering and machine learning
- PhageCompass: An AI driven navigation system for phage genomes
- PhageFun: Functional annotation of phage genomes in feature space
where we combine omics, artificial intelligence and drones to improve today's agriculture and animal husbandry, to understand the interplay between the plant and animal genome, its microbiome and virome.
- Bac4Crop: to develop microbial and natural solutions for sustainable agricultural production
- Deciphering Paddy Probiotics
- FoodTranscriptomics: Deciphering microbial activity to create the future flavor solutions in Wine & Cheese
- MetaPIG: modulation of the pig gut microbiome to increase feed efficiency and gut health
- Phage induced pest controls
- Innovation fund Denmark
- Foundation Idella
- Novo Nordisk Foundation
- Danish Council for Strategic Research
- CREST Malaysia
- EU Horizon 2020
- FRGS Malaysia
|Anastasiya Shen||PhD Fellow||+4535337210|
|Bent Petersen||Associate Professor|
|Heera Rajandas||Guest Researcher|
|Maria Ainara Sistiaga Gutierrez||Assistant Professor||+4535330650|
|Sivachandran Parimannan||Guest Researcher|